If you have GLBTQQ announcements or know of events that PFLAGers MAY want to attend, email them to the Webmaster
New Support Group for Families of Transgender Individuals
Starting in June, PFLAG San Jose/Peninsula is hosting a peer support group specifically for parents and other family members of transgender individuals. Here are the details for our next meeting:
Saturday, November 14, 10 a.m. to 12 noon
Community Room, Redwood City Public Library*
1044 Middlefield Rd., Redwood City
The entrance is to the left of the library. Take the elevator to the second floor.
We meet on either the first or second Saturday of the month, at the same time and location. However, we will not be meeting in December or January; the next meeting after November will be on February 6, 2016.
For more information send e-mail to email@example.com.
*The meeting space is provided as a community service by the City of Redwood City. The City neither sponsors nor endorses this event nor the presenting individual or organizations.
- Local meetings: San Mateo and San Jose
- Journey to Acceptance (Spanish with English Translation) El Camino hacia la aceptación
- Our Famility Coalition - promotes the equality and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer families with children. We foster community leadership in advocacy efforts that promote social justice. www.ourfamily.org
Gay Families - adoption, foster care, mentoring
- Gay Adoption Info: www.adoptionpride.com
- EMQ Families First: www.emqff.org Foster Care, Adoption Services, Mentoring. Contact Drew Mayen
Outlet Program - resource for ages 13-25
- Gay, Bisexual, Lesbian, Transgender Queer Questioning
- Free, Drop-in, confidential groups, groups in Spanish available
- Locations: Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Mateo
- Flyer attached at the end of the Aprl-May newletter
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for Questioning Youth
- Go to: Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual
Other PFLAG Chapters
Go to: Links to Other Resources
"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Repealed!!!
More information at Servicemembers Legal Defense Network
Get involved! Go to the Advocacy page.
- PFLAG National Blog and Policy Matters -- updates and opinions
- Prop 8 Trial Tracker -- Prop 8 trial developments and marriage equality news and analysis
- Marriage News Watch -- marriage equality news briefs
- Marriage Equality USA (ME USA) -- good source for local actions in support of marriage equality
- Facebook: South Bay -- ME USA-Santa Clara
Drive youth to Outlet meeting, help with newsletter stuffing, join the crew who produces our montly "PFLAG Talks" TV show...check the Volunteer page.
Servicemembers Legal Defense Network
This chapter has a very active Speakers Bureau. We provide trained speakers & panels to educate audiences from middle/high schools, universities, churches, businesses, etc. about the issues that face lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender people and their family members. For more information, go to www.pflagsanjose.org/psb/psbHome or send Email.
Gay-Straight Alliance Network:Empowering youth activists to fight homophobia and transphobia in schools.
Other Items of Interest
- To see Youtube, CBS 60 minutes coverage, ABC news coverage on Transgendered families, go to Other Items of Interest