If you have GLBTQQ announcements or know of events that PFLAGers MAY want to attend, email them to the Webmaster
Peninsula Support Group Meeting in APRIL Temporarily RESCHEDULED to TUESDAY
Due to a scheduling conflict with Sequoia Union High School District in April (but not March), we'll hold our Peninsula Support Group meeting in Redwood City on the 2nd Tuesday, instead of the 2nd Monday that month. Here are the dates for the next few months:
March - Monday the 9th (no change)
April - Tuesday the 14th (rescheduled)
May - Monday the 11th (no change)
Same time and location:
Sequoia Union High School District Offices
480 James Street, Redwood City
The dates, time, and location for the South Bay Support Group meetings in San Jose are unchanged:
2nd Wednesday of the month, 7:30 p.m.
First Congregational Church
1980 Hamilton Ave.(at Leigh), San Jose
- Local meetings: Redwood City and San Jose
- Journey to Acceptance (Spanish with English Translation)El Camino hacia la aceptación
- Our Famility Coalition - promotes the equality and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer families with children. We foster community leadership in advocacy efforts that promote social justice. www.ourfamily.org
Gay Families - adoption, foster care, mentoring
- Gay Adoption Info: www.adoptionpride.com
- EMQ Families First: www.emqff.org Foster Care, Adoption Services, Mentoring. Contact Drew Mayen
Outlet Program - resource for ages 13-25
- Gay, Bisexual, Lesbian, Transgender Queer Questioning
- Free, Drop-in, confidential groups, groups in Spanish available
- Locations: Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Mateo
- Flyer attached at the end of the Aprl-May newletter
- Contact email: email@example.com
Resources for Questioning Youth
- Go to: Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual
Other PFLAG Chapters
Go to: Links to Other Resources
"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Repealed!!!
More information at Servicemembers Legal Defense Network
Get involved! Go to the Advocacy page.
- PFLAG National Blog and Policy Matters -- updates and opinions
- Prop 8 Trial Tracker -- Prop 8 trial developments and marriage equality news and analysis
- Marriage News Watch -- marriage equality news briefs
- Marriage Equality USA (ME USA) -- good source for local actions in support of marriage equality
- Facebook: South Bay -- ME USA-Santa Clara
Drive youth to Outlet meeting, help with newsletter stuffing, join the crew who produces our montly "PFLAG Talks" TV show...check the Volunteer page.
Servicemembers Legal Defense Network
This chapter has a very active Speakers Bureau. We provide trained speakers & panels to educate audiences from middle/high schools, universities, churches, businesses, etc. about the issues that face lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender people and their family members. For more information, go to www.pflagsanjose.org/psb/psbHome or send Email.
Gay-Straight Alliance Network:Empowering youth activists to fight homophobia and transphobia in schools.
Other Items of Interest
- To see Youtube, CBS 60 minutes coverage, ABC news coverage on Transgendered families, go to Other Items of Interest